Tuesday, November 29, 2011

iMovie Maker

I have always loved movies--going to the movie theater, visiting the now antiquated video store. There was a time when I wanted to make movies, but the complexity involved was always a deterrent. Film making requires a camera, lighting, sound, a script, actors, costumes, makeup, props, interior/exterior environments. By comparison, painting was quite simple--the artist paints the surface with a brush. There's a direct, one-on-one connection the painter has with their artwork that becomes somewhat removed in the film making process.

That's not to say that I've abandoned this early fascination with movie making. Thanks to digital cameras and Apple editing software, I can live out--on a small scale--this lingering desire to be a director. I've used iMovie to edit footage I've shot to advertise for my artwork and website. As a matter of fact, I'll have used iMovie for each project in the three classes I'm taking at SAIC. It's funny how you can do what you've always wanted and get a master's degree in the process. 

1 comment:

  1. the beauty of grad school!

    looking forward to seeing your imovie project, nick!

    ReplyDelete